I’m Truly Thankful!!!

I feel like I want to testify –I’m Truly Thankful!!!

I woke up this morning like every other morning. I’m a creature of habit (folks that I know who follow the stars say it’s the Libra in me…Balanced). I rolled over and stretched for 10 minutes….Slid off the bed so my feet would hit the floor….Spent another 10 minutes doing my physical therapy exercises…..Once done, I was able to stand straight…..Off to the kitchen I went to make coffee….Took a few sips…..Walked the grand puppies…..Same routine every morning. Whenever I miss any of these steps, my whole day seems off. Once my daily routine is complete, it usually depends on how my back and leg feels before I decide how the rest of my day goes. Today, I’m now sitting on my patio with my laptop in tow, thinking about how thankful I am……

Let’s get the negative stuff out of the way now:

  • A horseback riding accident has left me disabled – four years, three surgeries, two cages, two rods and six screws in my spine.
  • I haven’t been able to work for four years.
  • Lack of funds doesn’t allow for any extras.
  • I don’t have a car – A first since I was 18.
  • I had no immediate family in Rochester.

Now that all the negative stuff is out of the way…. let me tell you why I’m thankful:
  • Yes, the condition the horseback riding accident left me in was horrible! After years of dealing with the injury, it finally caught up with me and I couldn’t walk from the pain. Each surgery I had made it a little better. I’m not where I would like to be, but SO MUCH better than I was.
  • After two years of fighting the system, I was granted disability insurance. There are so many others still fighting, some for years, so I am VERY blessed.
  • I don’t have any extra money once my bills are paid. But my bills are paid, I have food and most importantly, I have Internet!!! Lol!!
  • I don’t have a car but have always gotten a way to get where I need to go, sometimes even having a loaner car to get around.
  • I’m now living in Phoenix near my daughter.
  • I may not be the same person I was physically, but I know when to rest and how to prepare for activities. My heart has remained the same.

I AM TRULY GRATEFUL!! I no longer complain about what I don’t have because what I do have is such a blessing and I don’t take any of it for granted. I’m beginning to feel like Ella again!

Remember those “extras” I mentioned I’m not able to do? I’ve been overwhelmed with blessings raining down on me. First and most importantly, I was able to get some much-needed dental work done, with no insurance, with the help of a few people. If you know me, you know this one was MAJOR!!!! Tonight, I’m going to see Tiffany Haddish live and, in a few weeks, I’ll be crossing an item off my bucket list – seeing Justin Timberlake live!!! At the end of March, I will finally get to see Alvin Ailey Dance live!!! (SN: Phoenix has a HUGE number of events coming through here…You’d go broke trying to attend everything!!). To look back on the last couple years and see where I’m at now, literally makes me cry tears of joy! I was talking to one of my “adopted kids” last week, telling him how all these wonderful things keep happening to me! He said, “everything that is happening to you is the same thing you’ve done for other people – it’s your turn to get some things in return!” I never do things looking for something in return, but Lord knows I’m very grateful ALL of the things coming my way!!! An old friend once told me that being good and honest wouldn’t get me anywhere! There were times I thought he was right. I know now, without a shadow of doubt, he was wrong!!!

Take a moment out of your busy day…. Say thank you….Be Grateful….And like I always say, “What will you do to #PayItForward today? #KindnessIsFree!”

Being Thankful has made The Dean’s List





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

Dear Michael.....I Remember The Time