Flavor Flav - Byyyyyeeee Booooyyyyy!!!!

I've shared my experience when I met Chuck D of Public Enemy several times in a blog. I always liked him as an artist, but came to respect him as a man.

Read about it here:  https://thedeanslist1.blogspot.com/2018/08/happy-birthday-chuck-d-of-public-enemy.html


In the blog, I wrote: "Everyone had eaten except for Flavor Flav (a whole other story)"


Whenever there is a concert, people responsible for providing services are given a rider. It lists transportation, air and ground info, sound and light requirements, and food/drink requirements. That's where I came in. I provided continental breakfast, lunch and dinner for the roadies and union guys. I also had to set up the dressing rooms with snacks, fruit, deli trays, beverages, etc... I always received excellent reviews on my food and service.
Dinner was served between 5 - 7. Around 7:15 I started breaking stuff down. I extinguished the sterno burners to cool stuff off.  By 8:00, I had pretty much cleaned up everything, but left salad, dessert and fruit baskets on the table.  I was ready to see the show. In walks Flavor Flav, in full Flavor effect! He had a young lady with him that he met while he was town. I never learned her name because he referred to her as "bitch!" He said he was hungry and wanted me to fix him a plate. I told him dinner was over an hour earlier, but there was salad, dessert and fruit. He got very angry and started dropping f-bombs and and telling me my service was horrible. He got up, told his "bitch" to follow him. Mind you, I'm biting my tongue until blood was coming out of my ears. He grabbed a handful of salad and threw it at the woman and picked up each fruit basket and threw them across the room. I just stood still praying I didn't get hit with anything. I hadn't gotten paid yet, so I didn't want to jump his ass, but I was very close to it!!


So here we are today. Public Enemy and Flavor Flav have officially parted ways. 
But, the reason most outlets are reporting is incorrect. He hasn't been a part the group for awhile now according to Public Enemy. See the letter below. It will be strange to watch a live PE performance without Flav, but I won't miss him! Quite frankly, I never understood why he was there in the first place. As strong and woke as PE was/is, why was a clown their front man, hype man? I'm glad he's gone! 

Chuck D, once again has made The Dean's List 


And to Flav - Byyyyyeeee Booooyyyyy!!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

Dear Michael.....I Remember The Time