The Jackson Legacy Continues


The Jackson Legacy Continues



Since moving to Phoenix, I still try to keep up with news and events back home. Unfortunately, I do not keep up with everything.  I was checking out some Rochester news stations and newspapers the other day and saw clips and stats from the Bishop Kearney HS basketball phenom, Taylor Norris. When I tell you, this young lady can ball……Wow!! But there was something about her that felt familiar……


Trenton Jackson

Several years ago, I worked on a committee to dedicate the new sports complex at Ben Franklin High School. It was being named after a beloved coach, the late Trenton Jackson. Not only was he a coach and teacher, he had a phenomenally successful career in various sports. He played basketball and baseball in college, he also participated in the Olympics in track and played professional football. I had the opportunity to meet his entire family while I was working on the event. I learned that all his children played sports in high school and college and followed in their father’s footsteps by becoming educators. Another thing I learned about the Jackson siblings was how much they looked like a perfect combination of their father Trent and their mother Pam. You would think they were quadruplets!  It finally hit me who Taylor was…. The granddaughter of Trenton Jackson! Of course, I had to dig deeper to learn more about her.


Wow!!! I am extremely impressed with her!!! She will be starting her senior year in the fall. Last season she averaged 15 points and 14 rebounds per game. Someone called her Bishop Kearney’s female Scottie Pippen! With three sectional titles under her belt, it is hard to comprehend how she also plays baseball and an all-star in soccer! To top all of that off, she carries a 92.7 academic average and is an Urban League Black Scholar.  And as if that were not enough, she has been recognized with numerous awards:

·       Basketball: 2018 Sportsmanship State Semi Finals  
·       2018 Def. Player-Elmira Classic                                      
·       MVP Kearney Classic 2019, 2020 All Team Section V Champs
·       2020 All-Greater Rochester Team 
·       3x Section V Champs 
·       2x Regional Champs Class AA
·       Basketball/Soccer: 2x Private-Parochial All-Star
·       Softball: 2018 Section V Champs



Rochester!  There is a star in your midst!  I cannot wait to see the highlights of her senior year and will make it a point to meet her the next time I am in town! I did not read anything about colleges who are interested. If she continues doing what she has been doing, the scouts will be standing in a line to get to her!  I know her family is extremely proud!  I know Mr. Jackson (Trent, Trenton, TJ – He will always be Mr. Jackson to me) is beaming with pride from heaven! The Jackson Legacy continues.......



Taylor Norris has made The Dean’s List

Check out some of her highlights:











Comments

  1. I am the Youngezt Sibling of the Late Trenton Jackson. I was never gifted in the Athletics Arena. However,, I am BEYIND PROUD of My great niece Taylor.. I am Blessed with the ability to see and feel the ACCOMPLISHMENTS, SET FORTH, by her Predecessor in Mind, Body and Soul. I didn't have the privilege to grow up with TJ, but I can see Taylor's drive for Excellency and Profound Determination...With the Blood running through her veins, My brother is Alive and Well THROUGH HER! She's giving me what I missed out on. She's My Volcano, erupting into something/someone who has a Power of Reckoning! Taylor, Aunty loves you and thank you much for the gifts you've allowed me! ERUPT!! My Love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

The Dean's List - Superbowl Edition