Chicago Fire Brought Out The Ugly Cry


Those who know me know that my biggest fear is dying alone. Many people are doing just that during the Coronavirus/COVID19 pandemic. My friend Donald died last week...at home...alone. Thousands of people are dying every day, without their family by their sides due to this virus! Some of the stories I’ve heard are heartbreaking!

It’s been a rough couple of weeks for our country, our world. I received word yesterday morning that another friend died of the virus!  As hard as I try to stay away from the news, I find myself sneaking behind my own back to get the latest (I know!). My emotions are all over the place! Scared, depressed, anxious, angry, mad! And I must admit, I have bouts of conspiracy theories running through my head as well! I keep hearing people say this is our “New Normal!” This can’t be! Right?

I’ve shed many tears lately, but last night I think I let a month’s worth go while watching TV! This is a clip from the television show Chicago Fire which features a man who had been married forever. No family or friends. His house caught fire and his wife didn’t survive. The fire left him injured but not seriously. Two of the firefighters realized this man had lost his whole world, so they decided to help. First by going back to the burned house to find his cat, and then by showing support in the most beautiful, but heartbreaking way. Last night’s episode was a repeat, and I saw it the first time it came on, but because of the virus, it hit home a little harder.  The lessons to take away from this 3-minute clip is coming together as one (for now, virtually), loving each other, helping each other, having compassion and being thankful for what you got! 

Thanks to the television show Chicago Fire for showing that it doesn't take money to help someone. But if you have it to spare, share with someone in need! This video touched me to my core!!! Please take a moment to watch it. Make sure you have tissue handy! 

I always ask the question: What will you do to #PayItForward? #KindnessIsFree #ARK #ActofRandomKindness 


#RIPDonaldStarver #RIPCyrusAllen

#UglyCry #Coronavirus #COVID19

Chicago Fire has made the Dean’s List!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

Dear Michael.....I Remember The Time