The Dean's List - Superbowl Edition


My Cardinals didn't even make the playoffs, so I'm not totally invested. Some of the things that do/will stand out for me:


Arizona has been in the national spotlight all week and I think we showed up and showed out. We still have a long way to go, but are no longer the state that the 1993 NFL Superbowl boycotted for not celebrating the Dr. Martin Luther King holiday (the last state to do so).

I've said in the past that the PGA shouldn't schedule play during the Superbowl. As always, the Phoenix Open and the Superbowl are held on the same weekend, but this year Phoenix is hosting both. The airport, hotels, restaurants, traffic and car rentals....WHEW!!!!  The revenue for the Valley will be historic, so that's a good thing. 

On a positive note, sunshine and the 70's! Gotta love winter in Phoenix! 🏜

On a local note, NBC 12 Phoenix, Tram Mai gave the best coverage all week for the Superbowl! She had me laughing until it hurt!

I love that during Black History Month, for the first time, two black quarterbacks will compete for the Vince Lombardi trophy!

The flyover before today's game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs at Phoenix's State Farm Stadium will be piloted by an all-female team, another first.

I can't wait for halftime to see the 1st live performance in 7 years from Rihanna!! I know she is going to crush it! Wonder if she will sing my song "Umbrella" Ella, Ella, Eh, Eh...😂😂

Of course I'm looking forward to the commercials. Each 30 second spot costs $7 million!! They better be good!!!

I'm on my own today, so I may indulge in a few libations (I usually don't  and definitely don't when Amir is here). It's gonna be a mimosa day 🥴

Since it's no fun if you don't cheer for a team, I'm going with the Eagles.

Have a wonderful and safe Superbowl Sunday! And remember, if you drive hammered (drunk or high), you'll get nailed!

The Superbowl and Phoenix have made The Dean's List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman