Sisters....Let's Lift Each Other Up!!!!

This is a blog I wrote in 2012. Reading all of the Beyonce hate since her performance on the Grammy's on Sunday, I blew the dust off of this one....And since it's Valentine's Day, I want to spread love.....

I was elated when I heard the news that Beyonce would be the half-time entertainment for the Superbowl in February!!!  That last few years haven't been too good (in my opinion).


While browsing the blogoshere, I've been overwhelmed with the number of people who, for lack of a better word, have been "hating" on Bey!!!  99% of the people bashing her are black girls/women! 

I am not the biggest Beyonce fan.  I don't have all of her CD's, I don't jam to all of her songs while riding in the car, and I wouldn't stand in a line for hours to buy a ticket to see one of her concerts, even though I did see her in concert in Phoenix a few years ago and she was AMAZING!!!!

I am a fan for the following reasons:
  • She is a beautiful black woman
  • She is beyond talented - Singer, Dancer, Actor.....
  • She is a philanthropist - Donating millions of dollars and hours of her time to help others, usually black girls
  • She is a mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt.....
  • She is involved in the political process
I could go on...But, my point is, why would you bash someone who obviously has it together? 

Ladies....Let's stop with the self-hate!   Yes, I said it!!  "Self-hate!"  That is what you are doing every time you say unkind words about Bey, or any other sister!  That is why we continue to struggle.  We as black women need to lift each other up! 

Turn off the "Housewives" of this or that and say something positive to a black woman today!   Support her!  Protect her!  Love her!  Look in the mirror....She looks just like you!!

Beyonce has made The Dean's List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

The Dean's List - Superbowl Edition