A Sunday Testimony

A Sunday Testimony

Since moving back to Phoenix, I realize this is exactly where I need to be, but the transition hasn't always been easy.

One of the hardest things I've had to deal with is the differences in benefits received from two different states.   Benefits in NY were much better than they are in AZ. I'm paying more out of pocket costs, which leaves a lot less money for extras. I have a blog pending about how to prepare for unexpected events in your life...written from personal experiences. 

I'm still a long way from being settled in my apartment. One of things I really needed to get was a desk. I was using a TV tray to hold my laptop, not good for my back! I joined several "for sale" groups on Facebook. I found the perfect desk and it also came with two bookcases and matching file cabinet! The seller was asking $300 for the set. Even though I knew I couldn't afford it, I commented on the post. The seller asked me to make her an offer. I told her I wouldn't have any money until I got my disability check on the 3rd. She wrote me back and said: 

"Hi Ella — I would gladly give you the desk set. Honestly I got them for a good deal when I purchase my office furniture. You’d just have to come pick them up."

She went on to say:

"You created this beautiful opportunity! Something you’ve been doing brought it your way!"


I was pleasantly surprised!  I've never met this woman! We hadn't even talked on the phone!  A few inbox messages and she decided that she would not only take an offer, she would give it to me for FREE!!  As the tears rolled down my face, we made the pick up arrangements.

We will share negative stories all the time, but don't share our positive experiences enough.  I know I'm guilty of it.  With all of the hate and bad news surrounding us these days, we must stop and share the good stuff too!  That's what I'm doing today.

The take away?  Pay it forward!  If you've followed me for awhile, you know I call it "community tithing."  Give to people in need or to people who you just want to bless.  The surprising thing is you will feel better for giving than the people on the receiving end.   Don't do it expecting something in return - that's not what it's about.  It's about caring and being the type of person God wants you to be.  


As I sit here typing on my laptop on my new desk, there are a couple of things that still blows my mind about this random interaction.  The woman who gave me the desk shares the same name, first and last, of the nurse from my neurosurgeons office in Rochester, the nurse who went to bat for me to get my social security disability.  And when my daughter, her friend and I were getting ready to turn into the office complex to pick the items up, it was DIRECTLY across the street from my apartment when I lived in Scottsdale years ago!!!  That was nothing but God!!!

So I end with a question.....What will you do to pay it forward today? Will you cut your neighbors grass? Will you pay for the car behind you in the drive thru lane?  Will you visit a nursing home and play checkers with some of the residents?  Will you sit with a sick family member?  There are so many things you can do!  But, will you?  You will be blessed for it!

Paying It Forward has made The Dean's List

Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Deans-List-182858684167/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

Dear Michael.....I Remember The Time