Ella 2.0 - The Beginning.......


It’s been very easy to have pity parties these days. My life has done a complete 180 degree turn over the last few years because of my spinal injury. If you’ve followed my journey, you know I’ve always been transparent with my struggles (maybe too transparent). It’s called “Free Therapy!” I made a promise to myself that it was time to do some things different and it had to happen YESTERDAY!!

One day last week, I checked the bank account to see if I had a few dollars to hang out for a bit without getting stranded and started on my adventure. I called for an Uber and was off. They dropped me off at Michael’s so I could pick up some items for an art project I’m working on! Yes! I said art project! The only place I’m usually artistic is in the kitchen. We will see how that goes…. Now back to the story. I was so happy to see that Michael’s had riding carts because my left leg hasn’t been very nice to me lately. I spent at least an hour, riding around the store and talking to a clerk about my project. Once I checked out, I decided to take a walk across the street to another plaza and treat myself to some frozen yogurt. I grabbed a burger and walked to Target where I bought some oranges, an herb starter kit and sparkling water. I spent at least two hours riding around the air-conditioned Target – did I mention it was 105 degrees outside that day? I wanted to drop by a store called Sprouts for some fruit, but my leg and back said, “Are you trying to kill us?!?!?!” I called Uber and headed home, where other than walking the dogs, I was out for the count the rest of the day and the next day too!!

Sorry to bore you with all the details about my trip to the store. I guess more than sharing it with all of you, I wanted to capture it for myself. Up to 4 years ago, I stayed on the go. Finding me was a difficult task. These days, I’m home 24/7. Spending that day out and about was a major accomplishment for me in my new life. Besides being with my grand-puppies every day, I spend my days with only television and social media. With the stuff being broadcast on both, I was losing my mind! I’ve made a conscience effort to limit the amount of news I watch daily and it’s helped clear some of the toxicity from my mind and even lowered my blood pressure a few points.

I woke up this morning, had my coffee and didn’t turn the TV on. I decided to put on some music (my old school collection would rival any) and start making a list of things I want to accomplish:

  • Start writing again – maybe start on the book I’ve been talking about for years. Not sure where to start, but begin to capture some of the stories about my life and experiences (some are jaw-dropping)
  • Since physical therapy isn’t in the cards for me with my health insurance in AZ, I know what to do, I don’t need a therapist. Continue to walk, maybe on some of the inclines where I live and hit the pool at least every other day
  • Instead of only a “no news day” add a “no TV day” to the week
  • Listen to music every day
  • Meditate and pray every day
  • Talk to someone I love at least once a week – no email, no messenger, no text – TALK
  • Discover my voice in Phoenix
  • Make my house a home and not just somewhere to store my stuff and sleep
  • Join an online dating service – eventually…..
  • Cross a few more items off my bucket list – Lenny Kravitz in September – Reeeooowww!!!!
  • Find my purpose in my new city
  • Remember that I’ve lived a very interesting life and have experienced so much
  • Discover Ella again

Whew!!! I’m tired just typing all of this!!! Being realistic, I won’t be able to do all of it at once, but I’ve at least written it down and have something to work from. I’ve had many dark days recently and it’s time for me to stand in the light. For me to survive and remain upright without dirt on my face, I must put some of these things in action ASAP!!! My life truly depends on it. I’m sure I will have some rough days in between but praying for more better days than bad ones. I ask that you all pray for me too!

Ella 2.0 has made The Dean’s List


Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Deans-List-182858684167/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

The Dean's List - Superbowl Edition