Rocket Man - The Life Of Elton John


Whether you like his music or not, everyone must give Sir Elton his props! He is one of the most successful artists in the industry and has stood the test of time. I’ve always been a fan and even had the opportunity to see him perform live in Rochester a few years ago. That’s when I became a super fan! This man puts on an incredible show!

I heard late last year that a movie would be coming out about his life. I rarely go to the movies, but will go when there is one I really want to see. “Rocket Man” was one of those movies.  Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve seen Elton and the actor that plays him, Taron Egerton making their promo rounds on television. Their description of the movie and the fact that Elton wouldn’t be singing in the movie left me a little nervous that I might be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised!!!! It was PHENOMENAL!!!!       

I won’t share any spoilers, but Elton has always been open about his life, good or bad.  A decent amount of time is spent showing his family dynamic and it was great to see the relationship between him and  his songwriting partner, Bernie Taupin. It also showed a raw look at his battles with drugs and alcohol.

The actor that played John, Taron Egerton, gave a stellar performance!!!!! I know whoever was selected for the role would be good since Elton hand-picked him, but there were times, especially the studio and stage performances, that I thought I was watching and listening to Elton!! Egerton nailed it!!!  I found myself playing air piano and singing the songs under my breath in my seat (I can’t wait for it becomes available to rent or buy so I can sing at the top of my lungs).

I see several Oscar nominations coming for this movie! This story is told in a very unique way, unlike other biopics, but it was told in the way Elton’s life has been –creative by any means necessary! Make sure you stay after the movie is over for a little on-screen trivia.

“Rocket Man” is a must see and has made The Dean’s List

See trailer here: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

The Dean's List - Superbowl Edition