Mamba Out - 1978 - 2020

I started my day cleaning house and preparing my food to get ready to watch the Grammy Awards. I never finished cleaning or cooking.

Yesterday was such a sad day!

My friend Cheryl called me to tell me there was a rumor that Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter accident. I immediately hung up and began to search reputable news sources. Contrary to popular belief, even though their methods are suspect, TMZ usually gets it right. It didn't take long in my search to learn it was true!

Kobe's death falls into the same category as "where were you when"......  when the planes hit the towers on 9/11, when JFK died, when MLK died, when Whitney Houston died (ironically right before the Grammy's), when Michael Jackson died, when Prince died.... When I verified Kobe was gone, I sat in my recliner across from a mop bucket with tears in my eyes. For the next several hours, that's where I remained with a remote control in hand. As more details became available and we learned his daughter was killed too, the mom in me began to weep!




His death, as well as the death of his 13 year old daughter Gianna and 7 others, became the top story, halting the nauseating coverage on 45. Social media exploded with condolences from such a diverse collection of individuals.  Presidents, politicians, actors, recording artists,  young, old and especially fellow ball players and athletes. He touched them all. The tearful interviews with former players and coaches touched me to my core! There is something about a grown man crying that destroys me. I only wish I could reach through the television and hug the hurt away. 

You didn't have to be a fan of his to admit how great he was. I was fortunate to be able to see him play in 1st Round of the 2006 NBA Playoffs against my Phoenix Suns. I spent an extreme amount of money on a court side seat, but it was worth every penny and a night I will never forget...especially now. Every time he would touch the ball, the Suns fans would boo loudly. It wasn't because they disliked him, it was because they disliked how good he was!
Court side at 2006 Playoffs




I've said hundreds of times that you must live each day like your last. That tomorrow isn't promised. If this tragedy doesn't prove that point, nothing will and I feel sorry for you!

When you woke up yesterday morning, Kobe & Gianna Bryant did too....

When you woke up this morning, Kobe & Gianna Bryant didn't.....

Think about that......What do you have to make right? Don't wait! Just Do It!


"If you have something that needs to be resolved, handle it before its too late!" - Ernie Johnson

I will continue to pray for his wife Vanessa, their daughters and the entire Bryant and NBA families.



Kobe and Gianna Bryant have unfortunately made the Dean's List for such a tragic reason.

#RIPKobeBryant #RIPBlackMamba #RIPGiannaBryant #MambaOut

***On a side note, Alicia Keys handled her hosting duties brilliantly at the Grammy's, under impossible circumstances. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of Mrs. Gloria Langston

Looking For A Hot Tub Salesman

Dear Michael.....I Remember The Time